- New Simotics HV M slipring motors provide range of power up to 4.5 MW
- Easy integration into SIDRIVE IQ applications for highest availability, serviceability, productivity and efficiency
- Easy plant integration due to 3-D Motor models to speed up complete plant integration processes
- Certified and proven Siemens MICALASTIC® VPI insulation system with extreme long lifetime
Building on more than a century of experience in manufacturing slipring motors, Siemens today announces the new Simotics HV M slipring motor. Designed and engineered for applications mainly in the cement and mining industries, the newest slipring motor is implemented in a wide range of applications including but not limited to mills, crushers, conveyors and fans. The new platform motor with its power range up to 4.5 MW completes the Siemens slipring motor family which covers now the power range from 0.5 to 8.2 MW.
- Size AH100 to AH450 low-voltage motors can be retrofitted in future with the Simotics Connect 400 connectivity module
- Simotics Connect 400 enables motor operating data to be sent to cloud-based Sidrive IQ Fleet App without any structural modification
- Regular evaluation improves efficiency, optimizes serviceability and makes for an extended service life
In future, it will be possible for existing motors operating in the field to be retrofitted with the Simotics Connect 400 connectivity module from Siemens. This will allow size AH100 to AH450 low-voltage motors operated directly from the mains to transmit operating data straight to the cloud-based Sidrive IQ Fleet App without the need for any structural modifications. Regular data analysis allows plant operators to quickly and efficiently oversee the operational status of their drive systems and plan a servicing schedule based on actual requirement. This not only improves efficiency, but also optimizes serviceability and extends service life. Typical applications requiring monitored low-voltage motors include pumps, fans and compressors.
- New cooling concept combines cooling fins and tubes
- Greater power density, longevity and reliability due to improved temperature distribution and vibration-optimized, robust housing
- Outstanding flexibility for customer interfaces
- Connection to the Sidrive IQ digital platform with Simotics Connect 600
The Simotics HV C air-cooled range from Siemens completes the Simotics HV C platform for compact high-voltage motors up to 3.2 megawatts (MW). The innovative cooling concept, involving a clever combination of fin and tube cooling, delivers improved temperature distribution in the motor, thus increasing the power density significantly. With their vibration-optimized, robust housing design, the Simotics HV C air-cooled motors score highly in terms of increased reliability. The new high-voltage motors feature an enclosed internal circulation (IC 411) and are equally suitable for use in areas where there is no danger of explosions (safe areas) and areas where explosions are not likely to occur (explosion protection zone 2) as well as being available in ignition-proof types Ex ec and Ex tc. The motors can be connected to the Sidrive IQ digital platform using the Simotics Connect 600 connector box: This provides access to cloud-based analysis of the condition data which allows the drive system to be optimized. The compact motors are used in pumps, fans, compressors, extruders, grinders, stirrers, mixers, conveyors and rollers in industries as diverse as energy, chemical, cement, paper and pulp, and mining.
- Compact design with minimal dimensions and weights
- Innovative cooling system in the flameproof variant
- Increased performance density and reliability
Simotics HV C is a new series of compact high-voltage motors for applications requiring water jacket cooling or a flameproof enclosure conforming to Ex d IIB. With new and innovative design features, the Simotics HV C series offers high performance density and reliability under even the most extreme conditions. The flameproof variant uses a innovative cooling concept to achieve a marked boost to performance without any increase in size, while the water-cooled variant achieves improved utilization through an optimized cooling system. Reliability and durability have been increased as a result of improved temperature distribution. These benefits, in conjunction with the vibration-optimized, rugged housing design, lend these high-voltage motors an extended performance spectrum and greater application scope. The compact, reliable Simotics HV C motors are suitable for widely diverse applications in sectors such as marine technology and mining, as well as the paper, metal, chemical, oil and gas industries.
- Explosion-proof low-voltage motors for the specific requirements of the chemical, oil and gas industries
- Customized solution for simplified processes, standardized components and low lifecycle costs
- Outstanding reliability even under extreme conditions
Simotics XP Chemstar is a customized solution from Siemens for the chemical and petrochemical industries as well as oil and gas. The new low-voltage motors are offered with preconfigured industry-specific option packages tailored to the specific requirements of the process industry. Benefits for customers include fast, simple processes, standardized components and low lifecycle costs. These motors offer a high level of reliability under even extreme conditions and in potentially explosive atmospheres while providing precisely tailored compliance with industry-specific requirements. Added benefits include fast project execution, simple order placement, standardized documentation, short delivery times, simplified inventory and spare parts management and optimized service concepts. Explosion-proof low-voltage Simotics XP Chemstar low-voltage motors are used in machines and applications such as pumps, compressors, fans, extruders, agitators and separators.
- Simotics XP technologically integrated platform concept for all explosion-proof low-voltage motors
- Efficiency rating IE3, improved maintenance conditions plus higher motor availability make for lower life cycle costs
- Optimized planning, engineering and procurement due to short delivery times and accelerated project implementation
- Added scope for optimization using digital twins
With its new generation of Simotics XP motors, Siemens is providing a technologically integrated platform concept encompassing all explosion-proof low-voltage motors. Based on the proven modular Simotics system, this future-proof platform covers all types of protection – making it ideally suited for use in potentially explosive atmospheres in the process industries. The use of standardized selection and engineering tools as well as uniform documentation which can be flexibly adjusted to individual requirements makes for simpler and faster project processing. Together with short delivery times, this can substantially cut project run times. The motor design has been optimized for the process industries, and is available across all protection types in efficiency class IE3. Life cycle costs are reduced despite improved motor availability and better maintenance conditions. By digitally mapping the real plant together with all its components to create a digital twin, Simotics XP becomes a part of the digital enterprise. The knowledge gained as a result can be used across the entire life cycle, permitting further optimization during the planning, engineering and commissioning phase, and also facilitating aftersales services and the stocking of spare parts. Typical applications for the new Simotics XP generation include pumps, fans, compressors, extruders, mixers and agitators.
- New low-voltage motor Simotics SD Pro suitable for mains-fed and converter operation with voltages up to 690 volts
- Multi-voltage capability and reliable adherence to efficiency class IE3 at 50 and 60 hertz
- Industry-specific and country-specific certificates for global use
Simotics SD Pro completes the next generation of low-voltage Simotics SD motors from Siemens. The new variant is equally suited for mains-fed operation or for use with a converter for voltages up to 690 volts (V). There is generally no need to use special filters at the converter output. The Simotics SD Pro motors reliably fulfill the requirements for compliance with efficiency class IE3, irrespective of whether they are operated at 50 or 60 hertz (Hz). Used in conjunction with a comprehensive range of industry-specific and country-specific certificates, they can be used in all the world's most important regions and markets, and also in wide-ranging different plant configurations. The Simotics SD Pro offers the bonus of multi-voltage capability, making it ideal for series production by OEMs. The motors can be stably operated with all power supplies in common use around the world, and fulfill the requirements for compliance with the respective efficiency class at all operating points. This motor variant operates with the utmost reliability and efficiency under even the toughest enviromental conditions such as those prevailing in the oil and gas industry. Typical applications for the low-voltage motors include pumps, compressors, fans, cranes and hoists, conveyors, chippers, coilers, grinders, shears and rolling stands.
- Real-time transmission over Profinet and Pulse Train
- Absolute single-turn encoder with resolution of up to 21 bits for greater efficiency
- New motor design for better connectivity
The user-friendly servo drive system Sinamics V90 from Siemens is particularly suited as a solution for highly dynamic applications. The system comes not only in the form of a high-inertia variant with 400 volts (V) for applications requiring smooth operation, but also as a 200 V version with low inertia motors where highly dynamic performance is called for. Fitted with either Pulse Train (PTI) or Profinet, the motion/process data and diagnostic data can be transmitted in real time between Sinamics V90 and Simatic PLCs. The low inertia motor now features an additional absolute single-turn encoder with a resolution of up to 21 bits, allowing it to determine unequivocal position values and so ensure the great positioning accuracy in the applications.
- Approximately 25 percent power/torque increase compared to previous series
- Good vibration and shock resistance
- Robust, torsion-resistant enclosure copes with harsh ambient conditions
The new Simotics DP roller table motors achieve outstanding power density coupled with a significant power/torque increase of around 25 percent compared to the previous series. The torsionally resistant ring rib enclosure and bearing plates are made of spheroidal graphite cast iron (GGG) and are designed for use under the harshest of mechanical ambient conditions. Together with their higher vibration and shock resistance of up to 3M6 in compliance with EN 60721-3-3, Simotics DP roller table motors are ideal for use in steel mills, in particular for rolling, reversing and transporting red-hot metal blanks under the highest levels of mechanical stress and extreme environmental influences such as scale, dust and water.
- New design for the new Simotics SD motor generation: high power density, compact dimensions and flexible terminal boxes
- Equipped as standard with DataMatrix code for unique motor identification and data access using smart devices
- Cloud-based data analysis through connection to MindSphere
With the latest generation of its Simotics SD (Severe Duty) motors, Siemens is offering a digitalization package to address the future challenges facing the world of drive technology. The new design is based on a robust, compact gray cast iron low-voltage motor with high power density. Its future-oriented energy efficiency concept is designed to provide a competitive boost to customers and users. Their extreme resistance makes the Simotics SD low-voltage motors suitable for applications in harsh environmental conditions involving exposure to dust, vibrations or aggressive atmospheres. These benefits make the motors ideal for applications in the petrochemical and general process industries.