We value for Siemens and for our customers by enabling the implementation of new technologies through our financial expertise and domain know-how. In our newsroom you will find current information on major trends that are shaping global industries and societies.
- Siemens and Desert Technologies launch joint venture Capton Energy to develop and invest in solar and smart infrastructure in the Middle East, Africa and Asia
- Capton Energy aims to invest in projects of 1GW in aggregate and boost the supply of clean, stable and affordable power in under-served markets
Siemens and Desert Technologies have
launched a joint venture to develop and invest in solar and smart infrastructure in Africa,
the Middle East and Asia, as
announced today at Expo 2020 Dubai. The venture, Capton Energy – which aims to build
up a portfolio of investments in projects with an aggregate capacity of more
than 1 gigawatts (GW) – will support projects providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy in areas that need it most.
- Bavarian Minister-President Dr. Markus Söder kicks off H
lighthouse project for energy transition in Germany
- With 8.75 megawatts of electrical power, it will be one of Germany’s
largest carbon-free hydrogen generation plants
- Siemens Financial Services, Rießner Gase GmbH and SWW Wunsiedel GmbH
are investors in Wunsiedel’s WUN H2 operating company
- Plant to go into operation in
summer 2022 with an annual production of up to 1,350 tons of hydrogen and CO
savings of up to 13,500 tons
- WUN H2 to supply Northern Bavaria, Thuringia and neighboring part of
Czech Republic with hydrogen
for one of the largest green hydrogen projects in Germany: The official
groundbreaking ceremony in Wunsiedel marked the start of construction of a
hydrogen generation plant with a capacity of 8.75 megawatts. The facility will
produce up to 1,350 tons of hydrogen per year using only renewable energy, for
example from solar or wind power. Using the generated hydrogen in
transportation and industry allows for CO
2 savings of up to 13,500
- Siemens, MW Storage International, Fluence and Vibeco develop unique ecosystem for global beverage manufacturer
- Solution to enable new levels of energy optimization
- Encompasses software, financing, latest storage technology
- Sinebrychoff’s first energy storage service contract
In a move that brings new market opportunities for industrial players, Siemens has developed a unique business model to support the next level of energy optimization for Finnish brewery Sinebrychoff, a subsidiary of the international Carlsberg Group. At the heart of the solution, which will be implemented at Sinebrychoff’s plant in greater Helsinki, is a virtual power plant (VPP) and the latest energy storage technology, supported with financing solutions, to create one of the first examples of power flexibility in an industrial site.
- Calibrant Energy to bundle latest distributed energy technologies and financing expertise of global leaders Macquarie and Siemens
- The joint venture will create Energy-as-a-Service solutions from a full range of energy technologies for corporate and municipal clients
Macquarie’s Green Investment Group (GIG), Siemens Smart Infrastructure and Siemens Financial Services (SFS) today announced the formation of Calibrant Energy (Calibrant), a joint venture that offers comprehensive onsite Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) solutions at no up-front cost for its customers, which include corporate and industrial clients, as well as municipalities, universities, schools and hospitals.
- SPIC to acquire 33% of GNA I and GNA II 3 GW LNG-to-power projects
- Enter agreement to participate in future expansion projects GNA III and GNA IV as part of overall 6.4 GW power and domestic gas hub strategy at Port of Açu
Prumo, a private Brazilian company controlled by EIG Global Energy Partners, bp and Siemens signed a binding agreement with SPIC Brasil. Under the agreement, SPIC will initially acquire 33% of the GNA I and GNA II LNG-to-power projects, located in Port of Açu, Rio de Janeiro. SPIC has also entered into an agreement to participate in the future expansion projects GNA III and GNA IV, which are expected to be fueled by a combination of LNG and domestic gas from Brazil’s vast pre-salt reserves.
- Siemens finalizes investment and framework agreements with BECIS
- Investment makes Siemens a major shareholder in BECIS
- Partnership enables customers to redirect capital funding to core business
- Innovative funding solutions for distributed energy solutions and services
Combining its financial expertise with intelligent energy solutions and services, Siemens has entered investment and framework agreements with Berkeley Energy Commercial Industrial Solutions (BECIS). Together, they will provide customers access to distributed energy solutions via a flexible ‘Energy as a Service’ (EaaS) model, allowing customers in the Asia Pacific market to pay for energy services without the need for any capital investment. This will address customers’ energy cost and sustainability challenges.
- Siemens Energy delivers another highly efficient combined cycle power plant to Marl
- Evonik replaces old backup gas power plant
- Siemens Financial Services arranges customized financing
Siemens Energy is building
another highly efficient combined cycle power plant for the specialty chemical
company Evonik at its largest industrial location in Marl, North
Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Consisting of one SGT-800 gas turbine, one SST-400
steam turbine, and two generators, the plant will produce power and heat with
90 megawatts of electrical capacity and 220 megawatts of thermal capacity. It
will go into operation in 2022 replacing a backup gas power plant. Along with
the power plant components, Siemens Energy is also supplying the SPPA-T3000
control system for controlling the cutting-edge plant. A long-term service
agreement between Siemens Energy and Evonik will ensure the availability of the
power plant and its components.
New research from Siemens Financial services explains how manufacturers are in a race against time to gain competitive advantage from Industry 4.0 investment, before the “tipping point” of majority adoption. A must-read for future focused manufacturing financial managers, the Whitepaper explains how Finance 4.0 solutions are providing practical methods of helping companies to urgently invest in Industry 4.0 and gain early mover advantage.
Siemens joined Gastech 2018, which took place in Barcelona, Sept. 17 – 20. In its 45th year, the world renowned event was a highly regarded gathering for upstream, midstream and downstream gas and LNG professionals. Siemens used the occasion to highlight its integrated Gas-to-Power (G2P) solutions, through which the company is playing an integral role in increasing utilization of natural gas—a highly abundant, cost-effective fuel—as a feed stock for power plants. Sessions featured Siemens speakers which are outlined below.