- 150MW simple cycle power plant
for Saidpur, Rangpur as part of the country’s utility expansion in power
- Siemens Energy is supplying
components that will aid the plant’s optimal fuel usage in full and part load
operation for long-term sustainability towards the direction of clean energy
A new energy future
beckons for the developing northern region of Bangladesh thanks to a new 150MW
simple cycle power plant to be built in Saidpur, Rangpur. Global energy
technology company Siemens Energy is helping with this sustainable transition
after winning the project during the retendering phase, which will see it
supply components that will contribute to the optimal fuel usage in full and
part load operation.
- Enlighted Safe app helps track and trace employees who may have come in contact with an infected individual
- Allows organizations to potentially reduce the risk of virus transmission
- Provides insight into physical distancing events within the workplace
- Transparency into high-risk areas for better space management and planning
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has launched Enlighted Safe, a new workplace digital contact tracing app, which helps employees return safely to the workplace. Enlighted Safe provides greater transparency into the contact history of employees who are known to have tested positive for COVID-19. This is designed to support organizations in reducing the exposure of infection, keep healthy employees safe and productive, and eliminate the inefficient, expensive and error-prone manual contact tracing process for employers.
situation after fire ravaged refugee camp in Moria on Lesbos – only makeshift
shelter for people on ships and in provisional tents
- CEOs Diess and Kaeser underscore humanitarian responsibility
- Funds go to the German Red Cross and its local partners, who
will coordinate the relief efforts
and the Volkswagen Group are jointly donating €5 million for immediate
humanitarian aid to displaced people in Moria and Greece. The situation for
people has worsened dramatically since fire ravaged the refugee camp in Moria
on Lesbos. They have been given makeshift shelter on ships belonging to the
Greek Navy and in provisional tents. The funds will be given to the German Red
Cross (DRK) to support the comprehensive aid initiatives of the International
Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement for displaced people in Greece.
diesel, less CO2, even greener: DB Cargo is renewing its fleet of shunting and
mainline locomotives and is procuring new Vectron Dual Mode dual-power
locomotives from Siemens Mobility. The framework agreement comprises up to 400
vehicles and investment volume corresponds to well over one billion Euros.
of the type Vectron Dual Mode will be delivered with specific adaptations for
the range of applications planned by DB Cargo. The locomotives can be operated
both with diesel and electric power.
first instance, DB Cargo will order 100 locomotives of the class 248. Delivery
will start in 2023.
- New services enabled by the Mendix low-code platform enable data-driven decision making in factories and across enterprise data sources
Siemens Digital Industries Software is leveraging the Mendix™ low-code application development platform to help customers across industries build contextual and personalized solutions and help enable data-driven decision-making processes. With the general availability of Mendix Data Hub and new Mendix for Industrial Edge services, Siemens can help customers achieve an end-to-end view of their plants, factories, and systems and provide domain experts with actionable insights through solutions that have been developed with the right data from across the organization. The Mendix platform extends the Xcelerator™ portfolio with the ability to build multi experience apps and share data from any location, on any device, on any cloud or platform, to more quickly realize the benefits of digital transformation.
- One of the largest stand-alone battery-based energy storage systems to be installed in an island in Europe
- Intelligent microgrid application to predict energy consumption and production
- Reduction of more than 3,500 tons of CO2 emissions per year
Siemens Smart Infrastructure, in partnership with Fluence, was awarded a contract by the Portuguese energy provider EDA – Electricidade dos Açores to build a battery-based energy storage system on Terceira, the second biggest island in terms of electrical consumption of the Azores archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean. The project aims to make the island more sustainable and is scheduled for completion in 2021.
Every plant or asset is documented in data. All this data and information is scattered across various platforms and various formats. It is not contextualized nor is it easily accessible. It is simply not data you can rely on. That is where PlantSight comes in. PlantSight consolidates the assets of a plant, by bringing together different types of data (1D, 2D, or 3D) from different sources into a single source of truth.
- About one sixth of all electricity generated worldwide is based on Siemens Energy technology
- Leading portfolio from conventional to renewable energy
- Clear commitment to accelerate profitability by rigorously driving operational excellence, portfolio adjustments and gradually shifting innovation focus towards sustainability and service
- Clear target for Adjusted EBITA margin (before Special Items) of 6.5 to 8.5% for fiscal year 2023
At a virtual capital market day, Siemens Energy, a world leader in energy infrastructure, today laid out its post-spin-off strategy. Siemens Energy is aiming for accelerated profitable growth. Management aims to achieve an Adjusted EBITA margin before Special Items of 6.5% to 8.5% for fiscal 2023. The Executive Board is committed to drive operational excellence, portfolio adjustments to meet market demand and gradually shift the focus of innovation and R&D to sustainability and service.
- Siemens expands strategic partnership with eQ Technologic
- eQube® Data as a Service (DaaS) to deliver enhanced industrial digital threads through purpose-built integration of IT, OT and ET solutions
- eQube® DaaS extends Mendix Data Hub to create seamless, self-service access to data resources
Siemens Digital Industries Software can now deliver
more seamless integration and data and
process orchestration across the Xcelerator™ portfolio through an expanded strategic
partnership with eQ Technologic (eQ). Building on the long relationship between Siemens and
eQ, Siemens’ customers can now access the eQube® Data as a Service platform to create
digital threads connecting systems including Product Lifecycle Management
(PLM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Application Lifecycle Management
(ALM), Internet of Things (IoT), and other Information Technology (IT),
Engineering Technology (ET) and Operational Technology (OT) solutions. eQube extends the Mendix™ Data Hub, a key component of the
expanded Mendix low-code platform, and can help enable industrial data and
system integrations with a rich set of over 60 smart connectors developed from domain-specific
knowledge drawn from over 20 years of experience.