- Siemens presents a new CNC for woodworking machines at the Ligna
- Sinumerik MC is the open CNC for customized processing machines
At the Ligna Woodworking Trade Fair 2019, Siemens is showcasing the Sinumerik MC control as a universal, open CNC system. Its optimized motion control, high-performance automation and the integrated Windows 10 operating system make it the ideal control, especially for wood, glass and stone cutting machines. With its open operating concept, the control system is also suitable for additive manufacturing, adhesive application, plate cutting, straightforward grinding, and laser or water jet cutting.
- Sinumerik One is setting new standards in terms of productivity thanks to a new hardware platform and innovative technology functions
- Digital service offering supports machine users and machine manufacturers with the creation of a digital twin and with virtual commissioning
- Sinumerik One on show at EMO with more than 20 pilot customers
With the latest CNC generation, Sinumerik One, Siemens is presenting the essential component for the digital transformation of machine tools at EMO 2019. As a "digital native", the controller features versatile software for the creation of corresponding digital twins. Sinumerik One is setting new benchmarks in terms of productivity with its new hardware platform. A wide range of innovative technology functions help to improve processing speed, contour accuracy and processing quality.
- Improvement of machine tool availability through predictive maintenance with Analyze MyMachine /Condition
- Analyze MyMachine /Condition for Sinumerik Edge creates a mechanical fingerprint of the machine tool
- Condition evaluation, analysis and comparison of all connected machines using the Mindsphere application
Siemens is extending its edge application Analyze MyMachine /Condition with a corresponding Mindsphere application and thus demonstrating how edge computing and cloud computing can be intelligently combined. The Sinumerik Edge Application Analyze MyMachine /Condition, which the company presented last year at the EMO, uses high-frequency CNC data to create the mechanical fingerprint of a machine tool. In the application, users can capture and evaluate various parameters such as stiffness, friction, and backlash in the individual axes with the help of flexibly configurable measurement series. The measurement results can then be visualized and compared with reference data.
- Shorter development and commissioning times
- Software libraries enable standardization
- Commissioning tests on virtual test rack
The new Sinumerik One CNC generation is at the heart of digital transformation for machine tools. As a digital native, the controller features not only a new hardware platform, but also versatile software for the creation of a digital twin. It closes the gap between the virtual and the real world and helps to reduce development and commissioning times considerably.
- New software for omnidirectional control
- 360-degree freedom of movement for AGVs
- Innovative steering system implemented with ebm-papst
Siemens has expanded Simove, the scalable automation solution for Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV)
applications, to include functionality for omnidirectional control. The new software supports unrestricted freedom of movement for AGVs. Together with Simatic
Micro-Drive, the new member of the Siemens converter family specifically for
the safety extra-low voltage range, plant and machine builders can create universal
and flexible systems. Together with partner ebm-papst an initial application example has been realized: a steering system that uses Simatic Micro-Drive,
the universal Simatic controller and the new control software from Simove. The
compact steering system features a special gearbox where the speeds of both
motors in the steering system are overlaid. This means that the steering system
does not require moving cables. The result is 360-degree rotational movement of
the wheel and therefore of the system. In addition, the high transmission in the
driving and steering direction provides a high level of control accuracy for
the system. Thanks to the integrated safety functions of the Simatic Micro-Drive,
safe control and monitoring of the integrated motors is ensured at all times.
- Siemens Mobility supplying the complete system technology for C-ITS in Austria
- C-ITS allows for exchange of information between vehicles and the road via ITS-G5 broadcast technology
- ASFiNAG is the first infrastructure provider in Europe to install C-ITS
Siemens Mobility is pleased to announce that it is
partnering with ASFiNAG, the operating authority for the Austrian highway network,
to provide the technology for an intelligent traffic
management system that facilitates the exchange of safety information between
vehicles and the road. The “Cooperative Intelligent Transport System”
(C-ITS) is a next generation traffic management system that uses
broadcast technology to analyze roadway conditions and disseminates information
to motorists relating to traffic jams, accidents, and lane
closures. ASFiNAG is the first infrastructure
provider in Europe to reach the milestone of installing a network connecting
the vehicle and road. The process of implementing the system across 2,200
kilometers of highway and expressway in Austria has already started.
- Sinumerik One Dynamics - three technology packages to increase the efficiency of CNC users when programming in the shopfloor and executing CAM-generated CNC programs
- Top Surface and Top Speed Plus for excellent motion control and perfect workpiece surfaces
With the software version NCU-SW 6.14, Siemens is launching three powerful technology packages exclusively for the CNC Sinumerik One. The Sinumerik One Dynamics packages are available in three different packages: One Dynamics Operate, One Dynamics 3-axis milling and One Dynamics 5-axis milling. The software functions contained in the technology packages support users from machine-oriented programming in the jobshop to high-performance machining of CAD-CAM-programmed workpieces with high surface quality.
- Digitalization and automation solutions provide companies in discrete and process industries with the necessary flexibility for new conditions
- The Digital Enterprise Virtual Summit showcased concrete and future-oriented solutions
- The Digital Enterprise Virtual Summit had around 12,000 registrations from Customers and Partners with already 6,300 live attendees on the day of the event
The current situation creates major challenges for industrial companies worldwide – and shows that digitalized and highly automated production is more important than ever when it comes to gaining a competitive edge. This is the only way that companies can react to current and future challenges with the required degree of flexibility. Successful solutions were presented at the Digital Enterprise Virtual Summit by Siemens on July 16. As part of the conference, representatives from numerous companies from the discrete and process industries discussed strategies and technologies for future success under these new conditions. The focus was on topics such as the horizontal and vertical integration of the value chain with simulation and optimization from product creation through to servicing and from field level to the cloud. Other topics included online and remote solutions as well as edge and cloud computing, additive manufacturing, industrial 5G and artificial intelligence. The Digital Enterprise Virtual Summit had around 12,000 registrations from Customers and Partners with already 6,300 live attendees on the day of the event. The Summit is now also available to be viewed on demand at http://www.siemens.com/digital-enterprise-summit.
- Siemens presents liquid-cooled, robust power conversion system based on proven Sinamics S120 platform
- Grid converter comes with certification in accordance to VDE-AR-N 4110 and with validated simulation model for easy project planning, optimization and integration into the power grid
With Sinamics PCS, Siemens presents a new power conversion system for battery storage applications. The Sinamics PCS grid converter makes locally generated battery power usable for industrial and public power grids. Sinamics PCS controls the charging and discharging process of the battery and helps to handle load peaks and grid disturbances via the battery storage, to store the electricity in an energy- and cost-efficient manner and to bring the energy stored in batteries efficiently and reliably into the grid.