- First order for multisystem locomotives with XLoad equipment package
- XLoad enables significantly higher trailer loads
- Contract includes locomotives and their maintenance
Switzerland’s SBB Cargo International AG, in cooperation with SüdLeasing GmbH, has ordered 20 Vectron multisystem locomotives equipped with the XLoad package from Siemens Mobility. SBB Cargo International will lease the locomotives from SüdLeasing under a long-term rental plan with a flexible term. The contract also includes maintenance of the locomotives by Siemens Mobility. Vectron XLoad is an equipment package developed to improve traction performance and increase trailer loads. With this XLoad option, for example, operators on the North-South Corridor will be able to use only one rather than two four-axle locomotives for a train. The Vectrons are designed for a maximum operating speed of 160 km/h. The locomotives will be delivered beginning in 2024.
- Siemens completes sale of mail and
parcel business to Körber
- Further step in simplifying Siemens’
The sale of
Siemens Logistics’ mail and parcel business to the Körber Group closed
successfully on July 1. In February 2022, Siemens had announced the
contract signing for the sale of the mail and parcel business to the Körber
Group for €1.15 billion (enterprise value).
Magdeburg/Brandenburg an der Havel, June 30, 2022
– Today Ostdeutsche Eisenbahn
GmbH (ODEG), together with representatives from the states of Mecklenburg-Western
Pomerania, Berlin, Brandenburg and Saxony-Anhalt and the transport authorities VBB-Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH,
Nahverkehrsservice Sachsen-Anhalt GmbH, and Verkehrsgesellschaft
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern mbH, signed the transport contract for the Elbe-Spree
network in Brandenburg an der Havel. As part of the ceremony, one of
the new six-car Desiro HC trains was presented in Magdeburg and Brandenburg an
der Havel by train manufacturer Siemens Mobility GmbH.
- Atlantia S.p.A. finalizes the
acquisition of Yunex Traffic from Siemens Mobility for €950 million
Siemens Mobility has successfully
completed the sale of Yunex Traffic to Atlantia S.p.A. for €950 million. In
January 2022, Siemens had announced the contract signing to sell the Intelligent Road Infrastructure and Traffic Solutions
Business to Atlantia S.p.A. Following the required
approvals by the relevant authorities, the transaction has closed as of
June 30, 2022.
- Partnership to transform the manufacturing industry with immersive experiences across the lifecycle from design through operation
- Companies will connect NVIDIA Omniverse and Siemens Xcelerator platforms to enable full-fidelity digital twins and connect software-defined AI systems from edge to cloud
leader in industrial automation and software, infrastructure, building
technology and transportation and NVIDIA, a pioneer in accelerated graphics and
artificial intelligence (AI), today announced an expansion of their partnership
to enable the industrial metaverse and increase use of AI-driven digital twin
technology that will help bring industrial automation to a new level.
- Siemens Xcelerator comprises a curated portfolio, a growing partner ecosystem and an evolving marketplace to speed up value creation across industry, buildings, grids and mobility
- Curated portfolio of IoT-enabled hardware, software and digital services following key design principles of interoperability, flexibility, openness and as-a-service
- Launch of new Building X end-to-end smart building Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) suite
- Planned acquisition of Brightly Software will accelerate growth in digital buildings complementing Siemens’ smart building portfolio
- Partner ecosystem grows through industrial metaverse partnership with NVIDIA for physics-based, immersive digital twin development
- Reaffirms Siemens’ ten percent compound annual growth targets for digital business
has launched an open digital business platform, Siemens Xcelerator, to
accelerate digital transformation and value creation for customers of all sizes
in industry, buildings, grids and mobility. The business platform makes digital
transformation easier, faster and scalable. Siemens Xcelerator includes a
curated portfolio of internet of things (IoT) enabled hardware, software and
digital services from across Siemens and certified third parties; a growing
ecosystem of partners; and an evolving marketplace to facilitate interactions
and transactions between customers, partners and developers.
Siemens AG has
launched an open digital business platform, Siemens Xcelerator, to accelerate
digital transformation and value creation for customers of all sizes in
industry, buildings, grids and mobility. The business platform makes digital
transformation easier, faster and scalable.
- Building X is the first next generation offering designed and built as part of Siemens Xcelerator
- Modular, scalable, open smart building suite that seamlessly integrates building systems to eliminate complexity and enable net zero
- Facilitates co-creation with partners to address digitalization challenges faster
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has launched Building X, a new smart
building suite that is open, interoperable and fully cloud-based. The suite is
the first next generation offering built on the design principles of Siemens
Xcelerator, an open digital business platform launched today to accelerate
digital transformation and value creation across industry, transportation,
grids and buildings.
- $450 million equity investment supports Electrify America’s expansion plans in U.S. and Canada
- Siemens is first external investor in Electrify America LLC and becomes new shareholder; in line with company’s commitment to accelerate the shift to sustainable mobility
- $2.45 billion post-money valuation for Electrify America confirms Volkswagen's successful e-mobility strategy in North America
- NEW AUTO: Charging & Energy is strategic pillar and core business of the Volkswagen Group
Wolfsburg, June 28, 2022 – The Volkswagen Group and Siemens support the ambitious growth plans of Electrify America, LLC - the largest public ultra-fast charging network for electric vehicles from all vendors in North America. Volkswagen together with Siemens, the leading global technology company, is investing $450 million, valuing Electrify America at $2.45 billion. Through its financing arm Siemens Financial Services (SFS), Siemens becomes a minority shareholder in Electrify America with a low triple-digit million USD investment and will hold a seat on the board.
- Siemens Mobility is building seven two-car Mireo Plus H trains powered by fuel cells for Niederbarnimer Eisenbahn (NEB)
- Switching from diesel to hydrogen on the Heidekrautbahn will reduce annual CO₂ emissions by around three million kilos and save 1.1 million liters of diesel
- For Siemens Mobility the first order for a fleet of trains based on hydrogen technology
- The hydrogen fleet will be delivered in the fall of 2024. The trains are planned to operate on the Heidekrautbahn network (RB27) beginning in December 2024.
- The order placed with Siemens Mobility also includes a service and spare parts supply agreement (TSSSA) covering the entire term of the transport contract.
Siemens Mobility has been commissioned by Niederbarnimer Eisenbahn (NEB) to deliver seven two-car Mireo Plus H trains for the Heidekrautbahn network (RB27) in the Berlin-Brandenburg metropolitan region. Equipped with a fuel cell drive system and a lithium-ion battery, this second-generation hydrogen train provides completely CO₂ emission-free mobility.