- Dr. Dirk Didascalou to become new Chief Technology Officer of Siemens Digital Industries, effective September 1, 2021
- Dr. Didascalou joins Siemens AG from Amazon Web Services and has a strong track record in areas such as R&D, IoT, cloud and mobile computing
Effective September 1, 2021, Dr. Dirk
Didascalou will become Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Siemens Digital
- Access Points and the first industrial Wi-Fi 6 Client Module available on the market
- Reliable and high-performance wireless connectivity with maximum data transmission rates
- Devices available with high protection class and industry-specific approvals
With a view to the increasing demands posed by digitalization, Siemens is expanding its offerings for network components for industrial WLAN solutions: The new Scalance WUM766-1 Client Module is the first industrial client module on the market that satisfies the latest Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ax (“Wi-Fi 6”), enabling reliable and high-performance wireless connectivity. By combining the Client Module with the new Scalance WAM766-1 Access Points, users can now implement demanding Industry 4.0 applications such as augmented reality or remote-controlled cranes. At gross data transmission rates of 1201 Mbit/s, the Access Points can link a large number of mobile devices in confined spaces, for example shuttle systems in intra-logistics.
- New Offering Seamlessly Combines Next-Generation Virtual Platform, Hardware Emulation, and FPGA Prototyping Technologies to Help Accelerate Verification Cycles
- Expansion of the Customer-Proven Veloce Family Sets New Standard in Hardware-assisted Verification
Siemens Digital Industries Software today unveiled its next-generation Veloce™ hardware-assisted verification system for the rapid verification of highly sophisticated, next-generation Integrated Circuit (IC) designs. This is the first complete, integrated offering that combines best-in-class virtual platform, hardware emulation, and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) prototyping technologies, and paves the way to leverage the latest powerful hardware-assisted verification methodologies.
- Siemens expands long-standing relationship supporting U.S. Air Force with proven digital capabilities to innovate in the defense industry
Siemens today announced the U.S. Air Force has selectedTeamcenter® softwareas the foundational system of record to support its digital acquisition and sustainment strategy for critical systems and technologies across the service. The selection of Teamcenter as the Air Force enterprise standard follows a 2019 indefinite-delivery / indefinite-quantity contract for $24.6 million to Siemens for licensing, maintenance and support.
- Siemens and Merck announce project partnership
- Cooperation will drive forward modular production (Plug&Produce) based on the MTP and POL standard
- Quick adaptation to process requirements with little effort
- A one stop solution with hardware and software components from Siemens
Siemens and science and technology company Merck will work together in future at Merck's headquarters in Darmstadt to develop a technical backbone for the modular production of the future. The aim is to create a production line that flexibly combines various individual process modules and to use Module Type Package (MTP) and Process Orchestration Layer (POL) technology to drastically reduce engineering effort. At the same time, it should be possible to adapt quickly to process requirements. With its integrated product range covering all production levels (field to MES), Siemens is able to provide all the necessary hardware and software components from its own product portfolio.
- Early detection of anomalies in the drivetrain with the support of artificial intelligence
- Trend Prediction for optimized maintenance efficiency
- Higher productivity and reduced machine and system downtime
Siemens has supplemented the Mindsphere application Predictive Service Assistance with an AI-based module. The new Artificial Intelligence module identifies concrete fault patterns in motors at an early stage, such as misalignment or a defective bearing. The application thus helps users to reduce downtimes and further improve spare parts and maintenance processes. The new Artificial Intelligence module for motors uses a neural network to solve what was previously implemented using a defined KPI limit value. This enables the module to detect anomalies even before the defined limit value and provides clear indications of the type and severity of faults and their development. As soon as the application detects signs of an error, it warns the user and generates a due date that indicates when the error should ideally be corrected and what corrective action is recommended to prevent an unplanned downtime. Predictive Service Assistance with the new AI-based Artificial Intelligence module is offered as part of a Predictive Service Assessment. The package includes a customized configuration service that ensures that the Mindsphere application with the new AI-based module runs optimally according to the customer's requirements.
- High-frequency data exchange between Sinamics drives and the Industrial Edge platform
- Drive System Framework for connectivity, management, and configuration of the Digital Twin
- Paving the way for new business models
As part of
the Digital Enterprise SPS Dialog, Siemens is launching Analyze MyDrives Edge,
its first edge application for drives. The company is thus demonstrating in
concrete terms how edge computing can make Sinamics drive systems even more
intelligent and what benefits users and machine builders can derive from it.
Analyze MyDrives Edge is being launched with basic functionalities similar to
the proven Mindsphere application Analyze MyDrives but will be enhanced with
intelligent features based on high-frequency data exchange. The Edge
application thus allows users of machines and industry applications to perform
complex analyses of data that is already collected in the drive. Machine
learning and AI algorithms on which the edge application is based identify
patterns and detect anomalies and their causes, thus providing timely
indications of any pending machine maintenance. This minimizes downtimes and
reduces the consumption of resources.
- Simatic Robot Integrator with Simatic Robot Library makes engineering easy for robots in the TIA Portal
- Universal interface supports integration by all robot manufacturers
- Re-usable program codes thanks to standard programming language
- Time savings of up to 30 percent for engineering
Siemens presents the Simatic Robot Library for the Simatic Robot
Integrator - a new universal robot library for the TIA (Totally Integrated
Automation) Portal, which replaces the previous manufacturer-specific
libraries. The specification has been developed in close cooperation with robot
manufacturers ABB Robotics, Comau, Epson, FANUC, Kawasaki Robotics, KUKA,
Panasonic Industry, STÄUBLI, Techman Robot, Yamaha, and YASKAWA. In future,
users will be able to program most of the robots available on the market in the
TIA Portal using the Simatic Robot Library, and make use of standard operating
concepts based on the Simatic Robot Integrator and Simatic HMI.
- “Digital Enterprise SPS Dialog” virtual event on November 26, 2020: participants can discover highlights in 3D and join the dialog with Siemens experts
- New products, services, and solutions for the Digital Enterprise portfolio ensure more flexible production for rapidly changing requirements
- Numerous practical exhibits and models visualize digital progress along the entire value chain
Around SPS Connect, Siemens is hosting a
special virtual event to present new products, services, and solutions for the
Digital Enterprise portfolio,
which companies in the manufacturing and process industry can use to react to
rapidly changing market requirements and conditions. Siemens brings more
intelligence and therefore greater flexibility to production – taking industry
to the next level. This
is achieved by combining automation and digitalization solutions with cutting-edge
technologies such as artificial intelligence, edge and cloud computing or
additive manufacturing. Using
this linkhttps://sie.ag/2TIM1AO, interested
parties can register for the “Digital Enterprise SPS Dialog” virtual event on
November 26, 2020, enabling them to discover the topics in a virtual 3D
showroom and join the dialog to extend their knowledge.
New products include a ready-to-use open
Industrial Edge platform, new edge hardware, and a new edge application for
drives. A new distributed
drive system is also being launched. Further innovations this year include a solution for
multi-vendor programming of robots in the TIA (Totally Integrated Automation)
Portal, innovative Cloud Connect products for integrated data access, and new Connectivity
and Remote Collaboration Services.
- Siemens, MW Storage International, Fluence and Vibeco develop unique ecosystem for global beverage manufacturer
- Solution to enable new levels of energy optimization
- Encompasses software, financing, latest storage technology
- Sinebrychoff’s first energy storage service contract
In a move that brings new market opportunities for industrial players, Siemens has developed a unique business model to support the next level of energy optimization for Finnish brewery Sinebrychoff, a subsidiary of the international Carlsberg Group. At the heart of the solution, which will be implemented at Sinebrychoff’s plant in greater Helsinki, is a virtual power plant (VPP) and the latest energy storage technology, supported with financing solutions, to create one of the first examples of power flexibility in an industrial site.