- Digital twin of the machine, the workpiece, and the controller available in an end-to-end offering on Siemens Xcelerator Marketplace
- Siemens underscores its technology leadership in combining the real world with the digital world
- Less scrap and avoidance of machine damage
- Up to 40 percent faster production ramp-up of the machine
The technology company
Siemens, an innovation leader in automation and digitalization, and DMG MORI, a
leading global supplier of cutting-edge machine tools for turning, milling, and
grinding as well as for additive manufacturing, are presenting the first end-to-end
digital twin for machine tool machining on Siemens Xcelerator. Based on the
Digital Native CNC Sinumerik One, the offering includes the digital twin of the
controller, the customer-specific DMG MORI machine tool, and the workpiece and
is available now on Siemens Xcelerator Marketplace.
- Industry-defining digital twin for machine tool processing available in an end-to-end offering on the Siemens Xcelerator Marketplace
- Virtual machine and virtual CNC simulate milling of virtual part
- Efficiency gains include up to 40 percent faster ramp-up time
- Siemens and DMG MORI partnership underscores power of ecosystems
- Milestone marks another step toward industrial metaverse
Siemens AG and DMG MORI, global leaders in
automation and precision machine tools, are offering an industry-defining
digital twin for machine tool processing on the Siemens Xcelerator Marketplace.
Based on the Digital Native CNC (Computerized Numerical Control) Sinumerik One, this
offering encompasses a digital twin of the control system, the machine tool and
the workpiece, enabling breakthrough improvements in sustainability,
flexibility and time-to-market. CNC SINUMERIK ONE is the leading-edge control
system responsible for machining with machine tools.
Under the motto "Accelerate transformation for a sustainable tomorrow", Siemens will be presenting at this year's EMO how companies in the machine tool industry can master current challenges, such as the increasing need for energy efficiency and sustainability, while at the same time meeting the demand for high-quality, affordable, and individualized products.
The key to meeting these challenges - building on automation - lies in digitalization and the resulting data transparency. Only a digital enterprise is able to connect the real world with the digital world and make the right decisions using smart software tools in order to produce flexibly, quickly and sustainably.
You can experience the Siemens solutions and meet with the experts in
person at the EMO exhibition booth (Hall 9, G54) in Hannover.
- Humanitarian assistance for those impacted by the Morroco earthquake and Liby flooding
- Companies will match every euro donatd by their people
- Siemens Caring Hands e.V. supports relief organizations on the ground
and Siemens Healthineers have each provided €500,000 in immediate assistance to
mitigate the suffering of earthquake and flood victims in Morrocco and Libya
and to support rescue efforts. In addition, both companies have called on the
people they employ to make donations. Every euro contributed as part of this
donation drive will be matched.
- Sinumerik Ctrl-E in V6.22 with new functions for evaluating and reducing energy consumption
- Flexible HMI portfolio for multifunctional machine tools
- Perfect compatibility in use and programming for easy integration into the existing machine fleet
At this year's EMO, Siemens is expanding its range of products and services with the "Digital Native" CNC Sinumerik One. The new CNC generation from Siemens, which was launched on the market in 2019, comes with numerous innovations in software and hardware. With the new Sinumerik software version V6.22, there are new technology functions for the Sinumerik One that increase transparency in the machine, simplify operation, reduce machine wear, and increase performance. This leads to the optimal use of available resources, for example by reducing scrap and repairs. It also helps to increase machine productivity by minimizing idle and production times, for example.
analyst firm recognizes Siemens for clear strategy, broad portfolio and
successful commitment to industrial metaverse
manager Virginie Maillard elected to the Metaverse Standards Forum’s board of
the leading international provider in the growing industrial metaverse market,
according to the latest PAC RADAR from PAC, the renowned market research
company specializing in business software, IT services and digital
transformation. This rating is based on three aspects: a clear strategy, an
existing portfolio and the progress Siemens is making in this area.
- Number of people in the company’s educational programs in Germany grows 15 percent: more than 1,500 apprentices and participants in work-study programs to start their careers at Siemens in 2023
- Almost all apprenticeships and work-study positions on offer focus on jobs in technical areas, including IT
- Siemens and FAU are cooperating for a new English-language master’s program in sustainability management
More than 1,500 apprentices and participants in work-study programs in Germany will start their careers at Siemens on September 1. Despite the scarcity of applicants in the country’s apprenticeship market, this number has significantly increased compared to the previous year (2022: 1,300; 15 percent increase). For a while now, there has been an imbalance between supply and demand on Germany’s apprenticeship market: At the start of August, more than 220,000 training positions were reported as vacant. However, only around 117,000 of the country’s young people are currently looking for an apprenticeship.
- Heliox expands Siemens eMobility’s offering for the growing eBus and eTruck charging market, and for depot and fleet solutions
- Accelerates value creation in Siemens’ fast-growing eMobility business
- Adds attractive digitalization and software potential
has signed an agreement to acquire Heliox, a Netherlands-based technology
leader in fast charging solutions, serving e-Bus and e-Truck fleets and
passenger vehicles. The acquisition will complement Siemens’ existing eMobility
charging portfolio, adding products and solutions for DC fastcharging focused
on eBus and eTruck fleets. Heliox’s portfolio will also extend Siemens’ market reach,
primarily in Europe and North America, while improving capabilities in power electronics.
The transaction is subject to customary regulatory approval.
- CNC digitalization portfolio Machinum is integral part of Siemens Xcelerator with focus on parts manufacturing
- Analyze and optimize machine tools with Machinum
- Make digital transformation easier, faster and scalable with Siemens Xcelerator
Under the motto "Accelerate transformation for a sustainable tomorrow", Siemens will
be presenting at this year's EMO how companies in the machine tool industry can meet
energy efficiency and sustainability requirements while at the same time meeting the
demand for high-quality, affordable, and individualized products.
We released our third quarter results for fiscal year 2023 on August 10, 2023. The Press Conference Call and the Analyst Call were broadcast live.