- Agreement comprises a rail system with a network of around 1000km – first being a 460km project valued around 3bn$
- Turnkey Engineering, Procurement and Construction project including 15 years of services
- Siemens Mobility to provide high-speed and regional trains, locomotives, rail infrastructure, system integration and other services
The National Authority for Tunnels, a governmental authority under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Transport of Egypt, and Siemens Mobility have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) - together with the local companies Orascom Construction S.A.E. and The Arab Contractors (Osman Ahmed Osman & Co.) - to design, install and commission Egypt’s first ever high-speed rail transportation system. Additionally, Siemens Mobility will be providing maintenance services. The agreement comprises a rail system with a network of 1000km, with the first being a 460km high-speed line. The order value of this initial high-speed line is around 3bn$.
- Egyptian Electricity Transmission Co. selected Siemens and Hassan Allam Construction to build the country’s new power grid control center, which will be located in Egypt’s New Administrative Capital
- The 838 million Egyptian pounds control center will use the latest software to monitor, manage and control extra-high voltage transmission networks and power generation plants across the country
Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company awarded the consortium of Siemens and Hassan Allam a contract to build the New National Energy Control Center in the New Administrative Capital of Egypt.
- Siemens and UDT won the contract for the control, surveillance, and fire systems for Ahmed Hamdy Tunnel 2
- Siemens equipment and systems will ensure safe and efficient traffic flow at the tunnel
Siemens was awarded a contract to provide the command control and communication systems for Ahmed Hamdy Tunnel 2, a transportation link beneath the Suez Canal that will ease movement between cities in the South of Sinai and the rest of Egypt.
- Facility will treat up to 15,000 patients a year, and will feature Covid-19 diagnostic services
- Smart Clinic includes specialized gynecology, internal medicine, pediatrics, ophthalmology, dentistry, and orthopedics departments
Siemens AG and Siemens Energy AG, two independent companies within the Siemens ecosystem, inaugurated a smart clinic in the Shoubra El Kheima province near Cairo that will provide quality healthcare to about 15,000 patients a year.
- Bashaer El Khair is part of a national project to set up urban modern cities to drive the country’s economic and social development
- Project set to supply power from national grid to feed new residential complex
In a new move aimed at improving the resilience of Egypt’s power transmission network, Siemens Energy has been selected by the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company (EETC) to connect Bashaer El Khair City project in Alexandria city with the country’s national grid. The new grid project will help supply electrical power to more than 25,000 residential units, in over 250 apartment buildings and service centers.
- Siemens Energy provides 10 year Preventive Service contract
- Underlines capabilities of Siemens Energy in supporting the petrochemical and downstream sectors
- Project will improve reliability and availability at the industrial complex in Egypt
Siemens Energy has signed a long-term preventive maintenance contract with the Egyptian Ethylene and Derivatives Company (ETHYDCO), for its industrial complex in Alexandria, Egypt.
- Siemens Energy to supply 20 compressor trains for a critical gas project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- The project will enable the operator to manage its surplus gas volumes efficiently to meet seasonal demands
Siemens Energy was selected to provide centrifugal compressor systems for Saudi Aramco’s Hawiyah Unayzah Gas Reservoir Storage (HUGRS) project. The plant includes a gas injection facility with a capacity of 1,500 million standard cubic feet per day (MMSCFD) (42,475,270 cubic meters per day, or m3/d) and a withdrawal facility capable of processing up to 2,000 MMSCFD (56,633,693 m3/d) of gas.
- Siemens has donated ultrasound and X-ray devices, as well as a fully-equipped intensive care unit
- Siemens donated the equipment to the Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population and Ahl Masr Foundation
- Siemens is establishing a fully-equipped smart healthcare clinic in Greater Cairo
- Employees raise donations to provide front line medical staff with PPEs through Ahl Masr Foundation
Siemens has developed a multi-phased plan to help mitigate the impact of Covid-19 and increase access to healthcare in Egypt through the provision of medical facilities, equipment and supplies. In addtion to the donation of Siemens mobile X-ray and ultrasound devices to the Egyptian Ministry of Health, Siemens has also donated a fully-equipped intensive care unit with a vitally needed ventilator to Ahl Masr Foundation. Siemens is also establishing a smart healthcare clinic in the province of Shoubra El Kheima to improve access to primary healthcare services in Greater Cairo and as well help with the diagnosis of Covid-19.
- Charitable contribution was raised by Siemens, Siemens Energy and Siemens Healthineers, and their employees in the UAE
- Funds will support a humanitarian project in the Middle East which will be overseen by Siemens and the Foundation
Siemens and its employees in the United Arab Emirates contributed Dh430,000 to H.H. Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan Humanitarian & Scientific Foundation (SBKF), part of a charity drive to help confront the suffering caused by Covid-19.