Based on recent analysis of the Indian product lifecycle management (PLM) market, Frost & Sullivan identified Siemens’ PLM Software business as the leading provider of PLM solutions in India. It further noted that Siemens’ Teamcenter® portfolio is widely used in the automotive industry in India, both by OEMs and suppliers. The report also acknowledges the value of Siemens’ partner ecosystem in providing engineering, installation and training support to clients.
According to the report the total PLM revenue in India amounts to Rs. 8,872 million, of which Siemens enjoys the largest share by a wide margin.
“We are honored to receive this recognition from Frost & Sullivan and thank them for their detailed analysis of the PLM market in India. This recognition is a testament to the extensive expertise of our team in India and the hard work they have put in over the years to make our clients successful,” said Suman Bose, Managing Director, Siemens PLM Software India. “The future promises to be even more exciting, as manufacturers in India embrace digitalization as a way to enhance their competitiveness in a smart and connected world. With our Smart Innovation Portfolio, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help our clients in their transformation to a digital enterprise.”
The report gives an overview of the Indian PLM market and discusses in detail topics such as the growth of PLM in India, major PLM drivers, current trends, PLM revenue and challenges for PLM adoption.
Some of the other key takeaways from the study include:
- The Indian PLM market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.7 percent over the next five years and is expected to reach Rs.16,140.2 million by FY2020.
- Indigenous manufacturing and growing R&D in aerospace and defense will lead to higher adoption of PLM solutions.
- The adoption of PLM solutions in the heavy equipment and industrial machinery segment is expected to grow with the growth of the industry. New concepts such as energy-efficient equipment and smart technologies are expected to impact the entire lifecycle of the equipment.
- Most end users in the engineering and industrial segment look to adopt basic CAD, CAE, or CAM solutions and handle data management across divisions.
- The PLM market in consumer packaged goods is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.2 percent during the forecast period.
- Tier II is a growing segment for PLM, as many Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are considering adopting PLM solutions for standardization of product designs.
- Convergence of discrete enterprise automation solutions such as ERP, CRM, MES, and PLM, along with Big Data and IIOT, is expected to have a transformational effect on the manufacturing industry.
Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over 15 million licensed seats and more than 140,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with its customers to provide industry software solutions that help companies everywhere achieve a sustainable competitive advantage by making real the innovations that matter. Siemens PLM Software operates in India through its 100% subsidiary Siemens Industry Software (India) Pvt. Ltd. and its software are crucial components of the integrated technology solutions provided by Siemens in India in the space of automation and digitalization. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services,visit www.siemens.com/plm.