Peter Löscher, President and Chief Executive Officer of Siemens AG
- Revenue for the first quarter rose 2%, to €18.128 billion, supported by 4% growth in emerging markets. Organic revenue, excluding currency translation and portfolio effects, was 1% lower year-over-year.
- Orders came in at €19.141 billion, 3% below the prior-year period. On an organic basis, orders declined 5%. The book-to-bill ratio was 1.06, and Siemens' order backlog stood at €97 billion at the end of the first quarter.
- Total Sectors Profit rose 4%, to €1.698 billion, on higher profit in the Energy and Healthcare Sectors. Income from continuing operations came in slightly lower year-over-year, at €1.295 billion, while corresponding basic EPS rose to €1.52.
- Net income declined to €1.214 billion, with corresponding basic EPS of €1.42.
* Siemens' solar business was classified as discontinued operations, effective during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, and Siemens adopted accounting standard IAS 19R (Employee Benefits) as of the beginning of fiscal 2013. Prior-period results are presented on a comparable basis.
Please read the complete Earnings Release in the attached PDF: