- The partnership between Artisan Green and Siemens will strengthen sustainable farming in Singapore through digitalization and automation.
- They will focus on enhancing local farming operations to optimise both crop quality and yield, while also conserving water and reducing energy consumption.
- The joint project works synonymously to meet Singapore’s ‘30 By 30’ plan which strives to strengthen local agri-food capabilities and enhance food security within the nation.
SINGAPORE, 18 October 2023 – Singapore’s leading modern indoor hydroponics farm, Artisan Green teams up with tech giant Siemens to pioneer a highly scalable integrated Farm Management System to accelerate farming practices nationwide and build a more resilient food future for the nation.
- ASEAN debut of Industrial Operations X, an open interoperable portfolio for automating and operating industrial production, and Sinamics G220, a new high-performance frequency converter
- Display of collaboration with Singapore hydroponics farm Artisan Green to strengthen sustainable farming and food security
- Showcase of rising next-generation talent, tertiary students who won Siemens Industrial Edge Competition 2023
Siemens is participating in Industrial Transformation ASIA PACIFIC (ITAP) 2023, with the motto of “Accelerate Digital Transformation for Sustainable Tomorrow”, from 18-20 October in Singapore. The company will showcase how new offerings from its open digital business platform, Siemens Xcelerator, can empower companies large and small in ASEAN to become Digital Enterprises, helping them to achieve greater efficiency, reduce carbon footprint, and be more resilient.
Tertiary students developed practical solutions to address real-world problems
Competitors used Siemens edge computing platform
Three teams of tertiary students from ITE College East, Temasek Polytechnic and National University of Singapore (NUS) emerged as winners in the Siemens Industrial Competition 2023 with their ingenious industry applications.
- Ramp up of global investment in new high-tech factories,
innovation labs and education centers to expand leadership in digitalization, automation
- Total investments
of €2 billion mainly in manufacturing capacity expansion to be disclosed this year
- Following investments in Germany and
in the U.S., Siemens expands its production network and R&D capacities in Asia
- New high-tech factory in Singapore announced
today to serve growing markets in Southeast Asia
- Expansion of digital factory in
Chengdu to boost further
growth in China
- Additional investments in Europe and U.S. to be
To boost future growth, drive innovation and increase
resilience, Siemens today presented its investment strategy which includes €2
billion mainly for new manufacturing capacity as well as innovation labs,
education centers and other own sites. Siemens today announced a new high-tech factory in
Singapore, to serve the booming Southeast Asia markets.