Farm Management System Elevates Crop Quality and Efficiency
Powered by Siemens technologies, Artisan Green will be able to gain precise control over its hydroponic system, enabling it to do the following:
- Remotely access and monitor the farm operations, so that the growing parameters can be easily and securely set to an optimum to ensure highest-quality crop production from anywhere.
- An integrated recipe control system to facilitate the selection of the right cultivation program for each crop. The system can store and manage recipes including lighting intensity and duration, irrigation schedules, nutritional needs and temperature to enhance resource efficiency. It can also help to minimise the risk of crop diseases, pests and weather-related disruptions.
- With the optimum control over the farming operations, sales planning and scheduling can be adjusted to meet the demand efficiently and optimise seeding and growing tasks.
Overall, these technologies will enable Artisan Green to:
Elevating Energy Efficiency for Sustainable Agriculture
- Boost Artisan Green's current yield of leafy vegetables and herbs by a remarkable 25-fold.
- Achieve an impressive 95% reduction in water usage compared to traditional farming.
- Reduce the farm-to-table carbon footprint while minimising overall waste throughout the harvest.
- Eliminate the need for pesticides.
Utilising a range of advanced technologies such as Artisan Green’s proprietary Precision Nutrient Injector, a Chilled Water cooling system as well as Siemens’ energy management software, Artisan Green effectively reduces the energy consumption of traditional indoor growing systems by half. As a result, Artisan Green’s new farm is projected to operate at only 15 kWh per kilogram of produce, exceeding Singapore Food Agency's Clean & Green standards.
According to Ray Poh, Founder of Artisan Green
, this partnership is pivotal in advancing the local vertical farming industry. He stated, "Supported by Siemens’ state-of-the-art technological capabilities, we are able to advance our vertical farming operations and would greatly improve the efficiency of our manpower across operations, business planning and R&D. This will allow us to achieve greater production volumes at a lower operating cost; enabling us to provide fresh, high quality local produce at affordable prices for Singaporeans. We fully intend to set a new benchmark for hydroponics operations and hi-tech agriculture in Singapore and the world.
"The partnership between Artisan Green and Siemens marks a significant milestone in the pursuit of sustainable and resilient agriculture in Singapore.