Siemens Limited and Switch Mobility Automotive Ltd. to jointly contribute to the E-Mobility solutions for commercial vehicles and execution of E-Mobility projects in India
Investments in innovative business models such as eMobility-as-a-Service (e-MaaS)
Siemens Limited has signed a Memorandum of
Understanding (MOU) with Switch Mobility Automotive Limited to jointly address
need of electric commercial vehicle customers and execute E-Mobility Projects in
- The ±320 kilovolt (kV) HVDC system connects Pugalur in Tamil Nadu to Thrissur in Kerala
- Project supports Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (PGCIL) in ensuring reliable power supply in India’s southern region and improving the grid stability
Siemens Limited has commissioned India’s first high-voltage direct current (HVDC) link featuring voltage-sourced converter (VSC) technology. The 2,000 megawatts (MW) electricity transmission system, consisting of two links between Pugalur in the state of Tamil Nadu and Thrissur in Kerala, supports Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (PGCIL) to counter power deficit in India’s southern region and improve the grid stability. The ±320 kilovolt (kV) HVDC system was realized by Siemens Limited in association with a consortium of Siemens Energy (Germany) and Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd., Japan and features for the first-time the integration of High Voltage Direct Current XLPE Cable with overhead lines in India.
- Acquisition addresses rising demand for low-voltage power distribution in India
- Apart from gaining access to the Indian market, the transaction is also aimed at creating an export hub
- Regulatory approval from Competition Commission of India was received in August 2020
- Siemens has acquired 99.22% (approximately) of C&S Electric Limited from its promoters for Rs. 2,100 crore
Siemens Limited has closed the acquisition of C&S Electric Limited after receiving the approval of Competition Commission of India on August 20, 2020 and the successful completion of further closing steps.