- Shorter development and commissioning times
- Software libraries enable standardization
- Commissioning tests on virtual test rack
The new Sinumerik One CNC generation is at the heart of digital transformation for machine tools. As a digital native, the controller features not only a new hardware platform, but also versatile software for the creation of a digital twin. It closes the gap between the virtual and the real world and helps to reduce development and commissioning times considerably.
- Intelligent infrastructure used on three bus routes in Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Helps ease congestion and improve efficiency
- Sophisticated solution identifies violations and length of stay
Siemens Mobility has successfully launched an Automatic Bus Lane Enforcement (ABLE) solution in New York City, representing the first-ever application of this technology to be mounted on buses. The ABLE systems are installed on M15 Select Bus Service buses that operate on bus lanes benefitting more than 44,000 daily customers. The technology is playing a key part in New York City’s drive to improve bus speed and efficiency and to keep traffic moving on the city’s congested streets.
- Voltage variant of Sinamics G120X for USA and Latin America
- Save space with new size for the Sinamics V20
- Adapter kit to physically and thermally separate power module and control unit for Sinamics G120
With numerous innovations, Siemens is extending its drive portfolio, improving user-friendliness and offering space-saving installation options. The Sinamics G120X converter, designed specifically for use in water/wastewater applications and in HVAC systems, is now also available in a three-phase 3AC 200V voltage variant in the power range up to 55 kW. This means that the converters can now be integrated seamlessly into applications in the USA and in Latin America. Due to its robust construction and the coating of the PCBs according to 3C3 standard the converter is suitable for harsh environments. The new module for extending the digital and analog inputs and outputs increases the flexibility and the optimal control of converter-guided applications. The Sinamics G120X now also supports the communication protocols Profibus, Modbus RTU, USS and BACnet MS/TP. It is equipped with extensive interfaces and can be easily integrated into existing or new systems.
- Digital solutions provide for improved operational efficiency and reduced emissions
Siemens will equip Lalitpur Power Generation Company Limited (LPGCL), a Bajaj Group company, with advanced digital solutions for its power plant located in Lalitpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- ETCS approval for Baseline 3 in Germany and Sweden
- Improved availability thanks to intelligent infrastructure
- Approval for other countries to follow
Germany’s Federal Railway Authority (EBA) has approved the Vectron locomotive for operating in Germany with the European Train Control System (ETCS) Baseline 3. Approval for Sweden has already been received. Additional countries will follow.
- Seven four-car Desiro Mainline trainsets ordered
- To serve in the Verkehrsgesellschaft Mecklenburg-Vorpommern rail network
- Subsequent capacity expansion to four-car trainsets ensures sustainable value creation over the entire lifecycle
Alpha Trains, the European continent’s largest leasing company for rail rolling stock, has ordered seven Desiro Mainline (ML) regional trains from Siemens Mobility. Ostdeutsche Eisenbahn GmbH (ODEG) will lease the trains for service in the rail network Baltic coast east operated from December 2019 onwards by the ODEG on behalf of Verkehrsgesellschaft Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (VMV). The production has already started at the Siemens Mobility train manufacturing facility in Krefeld. “Alpha Trains ordered the Desiro ML as its first customer many years ago and we are pleased that this proven and reliable platform is also used for this project” said Thomas Schmidt, Managing Director of Alpha Trains Europa GmbH.
- Simatic S7-1500
firmware V2.8: Secure data integration, versatile diagnostics function for OPC
- Simatic S7-1200 firmware V4.4:
Improved cross-platform data transfer, OPC UA Data Access as server, OPC UA
Siemens announces the release of two firmware updates for
Simatic controllers that provide new functions. The Simatic S7-1500 firmware
V2.8 from Siemens improves cross-device capabilities for data integration and
diagnostics functions. The new Simatic S7-1200 firmware V4.4 extends the
communication functions of the Simatic S7-1200, enhancing cross-platform data
transfer with other controllers and higher-level or cloud-based systems such as
ERP, SCADA and Mindsphere. The applications are numerous, ranging from
industrial use to agriculture and infrastructure projects.
- Siemens Industrial Edge closes the gap between local and Cloud computing and enables high-frequency data exchange at field level
- Edge apps for intelligent data analysis and increased productivity
- Industrial Edge includes a backend, Edge devices and Edge apps in Edge Management
With Siemens Industrial Edge, Siemens offers a digitalization solution that adds machine-level data processing to automation devices, by taking the intelligence of Edge computing and thus, sophisticated analytics securely to manufacturing level. Siemens Industrial Edge offers users the opportunity to execute a wide range of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics applications. Cloud connectivity is used in conjunction with Edge apps from Siemens, from third-party providers or from users themselves in an integrated hardware and software ecosystem for automation components.
- Digital Enterprise portfolio aimed at meeting increasing requirements for greater productivity and flexibility as well as environmental efficiency
- New platform innovations ensure integration and flexibility across all stages of the value chain
- Growing ecosystem for Industrial Edge and Cloud enables scalability from the shop floor to the Cloud
Through innovations and the integration of cutting-edge technologies into the Digital Enterprise portfolio, Siemens helps companies from all sectors to achieve a more flexible and environmentally efficient production. “The Digital Enterprise portfolio is already well established globally in all industries for the implementation of Industrie 4.0. Many applications demonstrate the tangible benefits of these solutions for our customers,” explains Klaus Helmrich, Member of the Managing Board of Siemens AG and CEO of Digital Industries, at SPS. “Now we are taking the next step: with numerous innovations und cutting-edge technologies, we are taking the Digital Enterprise portfolio and therefore Industrie 4.0 to a new level.”
- Sustainable technological cooperation for the future of industrial wireless communication
- Joint Proof of Concept in a real industrial environment using the 3.7-3.8 GHz band
- Researching the capabilities of 5G standalone networks for industrial applications
Siemens and Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. have implemented the first private 5G standalone (SA) network in a real industrial environment using the 3.7-3.8GHz band. Both companies have joined forces in this project: Siemens is providing the actual industrial test conditions and end devices such as Simatic control systems and IO devices and Qualcomm Technologies is supplying the 5G test network and the relevant test equipment. The 5G network was installed in Siemens’ Automotive Showroom and Test Center in Nuremberg. Automated guided vehicles are (AGV) displayed here which are primarily used in the automotive industry. New manufacturing options and methods are also developed, tested and presented before they are put into action on customer sites. This allows Siemens’ customers, such as automated guided vehicle manufacturers, to see the products interact live.